I started this blog on a whim, after drinking too much coffee one evening, with no thoughts about why I was doing it. After a few days, I chose the theme of "Three Things". It was initially to be an extension of a gratitude journal I'd kept many years ago, where each day I would write down three things I was grateful for that day. Over time, this blog has become less of that and more of me baring little pieces of my soul. When I first starting exposing myself and my thoughts, it was to a select few people whom I trusted completely. I sent the link to a few more people and now I often post a link on facebook for more of the world to see.
Three things writing in a public forum does for me:
-I've always written, whether teenage poems full of angst or journals as I sorted my life out or the occasional letter to the editor. This is an extension of that, and by going public, I'm learning to trust both others and myself more fully.
-Writing slows my brain down enough to capture and focus on my thoughts and feelings. Often what starts as the topic turns into something else, but it always brings my satisfaction and energy. I get me sorted out and I share that sorting out with you.
-I have something to say and to share, whether it's the story of peace while driving down highway 2A, poking fun at myself for my collections, talking about how deaths have affected me and my connection to the world and the other-world, or to relieve the stress I've imposed on myself after a bad day.
By sharing and going public, maybe I'll touch you. Perhaps one blog entry or even one phrase will mean something to you. This is why artists create, actors act, writers write, singers sing. It's a fundamental part of who we are and the creation, while first and foremost is to connect with ourselves, helps to satisfy a inner hunger to connect with others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment