I was trying to find runners last week and once again came home empty-handed. Runners are all I wear any more - everything else hurts my feet. I have bought six pairs of shoes in the past two years that I cannot wear.
Three things about shopping for runners:
-I want size five black Reeboks, Classic style. They fit my feet. My feet don't hurt. They are not heavy. They do not have a four inch sole. I used to be able to find these in a number of stores. But two strange thing have happened. 1). Few stores in my city sell Reebok brand now. 2). As the clothing people have created only wee small clothes and sizes are smaller than they used to be, the shoe people have almost quit making size 5 shoes at all, in any style. Even at a high-end specialty shoe store, the saleslady told me they have a hard time ordering small sizes, even from their European suppliers.
-Sears carries the brand and style, but not size 5. A few years ago they could be ordered from their catalogue. Guess what? They don't have them in the catalogue any more AND you can't order things "from the floor" that aren't in their catalogue. The sales person was rude and grumpy and treated me like I was an idiot who just didn't get it.
-The Bay carries these in size 5 in white. Blacks start at size 6. Last year I broke down and bought size 6 and tried wearing them with heavier socks and heel grips. Blisters! So, I broke down and bought white size 5's. They feel wonderful, but white shoes do not match everything, and after a short time they look awful and dirty. Last week, I asked the Bay if they would order them in for me. No, they can't do that. But, this sales person tried hard to accomodate me - she checked their computer for all Alberta stores. If someone else had them in stock, she could order them from another store. I told her if she could find some, I would take three pairs. I'm so very tired of trying to find these shoes. Alas and Alack! No size 5 Reeboks in any Bay in Alberta. She went an extra mile for me. She then looked Canada wide and found three stores 'down east' who might have them. She phoned all three Eastern stores - NO SIZE 5 BLACK REEBOKS. There was a tremendous difference between the way I was treated at The Bay versus Sears. I'm glad The Bay was my second stop. She made me (almost) forget about the bored and rude person at Sears.
-I long for the days when my feet could wear anything, and I long for the days when the shelves were full of size fives. Kids size 3 fit me, but there is not enough arch support and they hurt my old feet They didn't hurt my young feet. Is it time for orthotics? Maybe - but first I have to find size five shoes.
If anyone, anywhere, anytime finds size 5 black Reebok runners, Classic style, buy me two or three or four pairs. You will be reimbursed and there is a finder's fee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Try here
ReplyDeletehttp://www.shoebuy.com/reebok-black-classic-shoes.htm
or here
http://canada.zappos.com/n/es/d/722669375/page/1.html
Good Luck!