I'm taking a Project Managers course - six two-day seminars spread over a number of months. I've enjoyed my first two sessions very much and although I don't know if this will help me in any tangible way in my current job (read $$), it will in less tangible ways. My company agreed to pay for the first session, a Project Management overview, but not the other sessions. The reasons given were vague and left me angry and frustrated, but I decided to go forward anyway. I'm doing this for me and not to promote the corporate good. I assumed the benefits I could give back to the company would translate to them viewing me as an asset worth investing in. They will benefit without it costing them money. Good play on their part, I guess. My rant is over, but the frustration remains (for now).
Three things I learned this week:
-I re-learned that I love learning new things, and if I were independently wealthy, I would become a professional student.
-I learned if you trust someone to do their best, they will make every effort to do their best. The catch is remembering that their best may not be your ideal vision.
-I learned that laughter and silliness can work in any situation to make it better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness, those last two are things I need to remind myself every day about raising children. I always find that business management and child rearing are so similar, when done well. I would enjoy being a professional student, as well.
ReplyDelete